Archive for the ‘On the Edge Yet?’ Category
Are you on the edge yet? Living on the edge of your potential, that is. Every moment of your life is an opportunity to push the edge out, define your purpose, reach down into the depth of your character and enter into that Divine contract for greatness that you set up for yourself. When you are willing to step across the edge, nudge it outward a bit, what rises before you is the reflection of the person you were meant to be. And when you step into that… and you get there, all those times of wondering if you are enough, soften into the profound reality that you always have been.
Most of us hang back. We hang back in love for fear of loving someone more than they love us, or fear of being left. Yet, the lesson love offers us is to break open your own heart and see how much YOU are able to love another. It’s not about the person you love. It’s about you.
Some of us hang back in our career, as if failure meant something other than the need for a change in direction. We are so intent on being perfect we leave no room for the journey, which always includes corrections in our course.
We also hang back spiritually, and are afraid to reach our full level of consciousness for fear we will be dancing out there on the limb by ourselves.
Being on the edge of everything today is nearly mandatory because we are actually creating life as we go. What most of us don’t yet understand is that we have to get to the edge of where we are, in order to take the next step to where we want to be. We go from somewhere to nowhere and then to somewhere again and being in nowhere is a normal, fertile and incredibly exciting place where the next piece of your life gets created.
Even if you feel stuck where you are right now, that’s only where you are right now. You will instantly begin to change where you are right now, the moment you take that first step to the edge and decide where you would rather be…and then act on it. The energy of your intention draws to you new energy and before you know it your circumstances have changed and so have you. It’s just a process of showing up in your own life and taking the control. Michael Bernard Beckwith says, “ You attract to you the predominant thoughts that you’re holding in your awareness, whether these thoughts are conscious or unconscious. That’s the rub.” So the point is wake up and create your life consciously! He also said, “ We live in a Universe in which there are laws, just as the law of gravity. If you fall off a building it doesn’t matter if you are a good person or a bad person, you’re going to hit the ground.” The law of attraction in the Universe doesn’t decide for you what you want. What you concentrate on is simply what you get.
So what does it look like to live on the edge?
- Say I love you when you feel it.
- Stand up for what is right when no one else is.
- Set your intention and be clear about it
- Believe that you can do it.
- Take absolute responsibility for everything you do and get out of the blame game. At some level we all know exactly what we are doing when we are acting out of alignment with ourselves. It’s time to grow up and own our mistakes.
- Face everything and avoid nothing!
- Take nothing personally. Life happens. The Universe just works the way it works – no rewards, no punishment – only the consequences of your own choices.
- Commit to staying conscious and acting in ways that support your community, your partner, your family and friends. Make sure your motives and intentions are pure. What you send out there inevitably returns to you.
It’s time for courage. Lot’s of things in our world are going wrong at the moment, wars, famine, AIDS, other illnesses and we live in a world of separation and judgment. The place we begin to get out of this situation is right inside each of us. And, if you need company on that limb, just call.
© Dr. Dina Bachelor Evan 2013